04 October 2009

Fall


I can never resist bringing some autumn beauty into the house . . .

From a local road-side stand



And a fall bouquet, the result
of romping like a child through
my parents "meadow" plucking
fresh, drying, and dried snippets
of color (not to be put off by
my sister's doubts and heckling)



Can you identify any of these beauties?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which sister could that have been? :) The bouquet turned out nicely and i love the pumpkins. I love anything fall and always miss this time of year being away. Love you, one of the other sisters

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Second Sister said...

beautiful. My taste of fall is brilliant yellow aspen, red, orange, yellow underbrush(I never really knew underbrush could turn colors so wonderfully till I moved west)and yellow larch (tamarack).
I like your bouguets. I heard you were making applesauce,too. yummmm

Mhc said...

I happen to think your bouquet is loverly! In my opinion, it takes artist eyes/heart to see the beauty in things that are dry and considered dead.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed those road-side bouquets you children used to assemble for your mom. Simple, uncomplicated love and beauty, free of charge! Dad