I hope it doesn't mean this baby is going to come really early or anything, but I've been getting into prep mode.
1. Trying (with some success) to transition Atticus out of the pack-n-play for naps and bedtime. We'd like to be able to use what we already have rather than add additional "baby gear" to our home.
2. Cooking HUGE pots of soup and putting it in the freezer. I made a trip to our local grocery store last week to buy ingredients just for this purpose. So far I've got 6 quarts of soup and plans for curries, casseroles, bread, tortillas, and some breakfast items like granola that can be made ahead and chucked in the freezer. My goal is to not cook for a month after the baby is born! Let me know if you have any recipes that freeze well and are basically meals by themselves!
3. Getting our new mattress up on a frame. This was actually David's project (and we're both working on #1 too). Since we had to ditch our old beds from the previous house, we'd been sleeping on a foam mat on the floor, then a new mattress on the floor, and finally that mattress on a sturdy plywood support on top of a metal bed frame!
4. Gathering birth supplies. I was so happy to be able to receive, add to, and share around a box of home birth supplies with other ladies from our home church in VA. As far as I know, I was #2 and will be #6 to use this ever-evolving stash. Of course, there are things I need to get new, but I've got many of the main items ready to go!
It feels good to start getting ready for this little one!
2 comments:
wow- you are really getting ready on all fronts! finally a happy use for all those freezers for last year's fiasco.
goodness, time is flying, sister! I can't believe bee is coming soon! I'm very excited for you guys. Remember to let Mom C. bring you food, too! you aren't on your own- that's one of her love languages;) true? true! The 3 kings bread looks so cool and the gifts very clever. I always love looking at pics of you guys- sights for sore eyes...
Post a Comment