22 May 2012

Bear Butt


On our way to Virginia last weekend, we got to see a real live bear amble across the road right in front of our car!!!  Right.  In.  Front.    We've heard since that others have had sightings of this huge, honey-brown bear.  And that it is a cinnamon bear.  Our neighbor just told me today that he got a picture of it on his trail camera as it came by his property one night.  Unfortunately, I was too dumbfounded to get my camera out in time for a decent shot.  The one below is the best I could do after he/she? crossed the road,  paused, turned to look back at us, and headed up through the woods.





Speaking of bear butts . . . David tipped me off to this one tonight, and I had a bit of time to get in a better shot.  This little beast gets pretty excited about bath time!   (I fully expect a barrage of counter-puns to this post all you punners--you know who you are!).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of several great puns, but I refuse to publish them.

Dad Rhodes

Anonymous said...

butt he's all muscle under those rolls!

Second Sister said...

Of course I have to comment because its just overwhelmingly cute too see that rolly little guy. but what is there to say that isn't obvious. I only wish he knew how much his aunty loved and missed seeing him-from so far.